Friday 7 August 2015

Schooled (Travesty #1) by Piper Lawson

BLURB
Twenty-one-year-old Alexis Caine is so close to her dream she can taste it. And it tastes like validation and Häagen-Dazs.

In a few months the quick-talking redhead will graduate with a shiny new business degree and launch a fashion label with her best friend Ava. All the planning, dedication, and saying ‘no’ to everything - and everyone - distracting will pay off.

Then Dylan Cameron, Ava’s tall, dark and broody younger brother, returns from the East Coast to start sophomore year at Lex's San Diego college. Lex has hardly seen him in years and given his reputation for partying and girls, that’s just fine with her.

But Dylan’s all grown up. And a night of unplanned confessions for both of them threatens to tear Lex’s carefully constructed world off its axis…

Because one sassy control freak + one prodigal son = chemistry that refuses to be ignored.

This is a standalone 73k novel with an HEA. It contains (lots of!)(awesome) sex so is intended for an 18+ audience. It is light, fun, and not especially angsty.

REVIEW
I received a ARC from the author in exchange for a honest review.
4 to 4.5* read.
This was a debut novel from a new author and I have to admit I'm very surprised that I could give this such a high rating. Its very rare for me as a reader to read a new authors debut book and fall in love with it as much as i did with this one. I have been really picky and tough in the past on debut novels from other authors who i felt still needed time to grow as it was to rough because there still coming into their own. This wasn't the case with this book and I completely fell in love with the storyline and the main characters. The chemistry between Alexis and Dylan and the fact they had to keep it a secret made the relationship so much more intense that you could feel every emotion they felt. I think because it was a college set romance book as well that helped me as that is my favorite genre of book to read.

It was a well wrote debut novel that was full of laughs, romance, and the very hot steamy sex parts. I can't wait for Ava's book next.

PURCHASE LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment